Every year Second Story helps provide Thanksgiving dinner for low-income families in Northern Virginia, and we couldn’t do it without your help.
Gather your church, workplace, book club, yoga class, parenting group, or family and help us collect items to distribute to our local community!
This year we are hoping to give away more than 500 baskets.
Each basket should contain enough items to feed six people and should contain the following sorts of items…
- Gift card for $10.00 or more to Safeway, Giant, or Shoppers for purchasing a turkey or other kind of meat. Please no fresh or frozen turkeys, as we do not have any way to refrigerate them
- Pasta or mac and cheese
- Cooking oil
- Two types of canned vegetables
- Dry black beans
- Canned fruit for dessert or a box dessert mix
- Shelf-stable UHT milk (such as Parmalat) or additional money on the gift card to purchase milk to drink with the meal
- Maseca-a brand of flour or similar
Please email [email protected] to arrange for drop-off or if you have any questions. Baskets need to be delivered no later than Tuesday, November 20th.
Thank you for helping us work to make every family in Northern Virginia’s Thanksgiving warm and bright!