Second Story’s Youth Advisory Council helps us extend the reach of our programs and services, serves as a forum during which members share challenges they and their peers face, and gives input regarding our programs and procedures so that we can be as effective and responsive as possible to the unique needs of young people in our community.
Youth Advisory Council Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Participate on the Youth Council for a minimum of one entire academic school year.
- Attend Council meetings every month. There are two meetings held each month (alternating Mondays throughout the year September-June). The first meeting of the month is an in-person meeting at Second Story for Teens in Crisis (2100 Gallows Rd, Vienna, VA) and the second meeting of the month is a virtual meeting to check-in. No one should miss more than one consecutive meeting.
- Actively participate in the Council’s community service activities, fundraisers, and special events.
- Provide constructive views on issues involving Second Story and homeless and at-risk youth.
- Represent Second Story in your school, your extracurricular activities, and amongst your friends and greater community.
- Respect others, including their race, gender, culture, ideas, opinions, and differences.
Applications for the 2024–2025 school year are now being accepted. If you are interested in becoming a Youth Advisory Council member for the 2024–2025 school year, please complete the application below. If you are eligible, the program manager at Second Story for Teens in Crisis, will contact you for an interview sometime before the 2024–2025 school year begins.