Second Story for Teens in Crisis is an adolescent group home located in Vienna, VA. We are looking for individuals of all experience levels to join our team as part-time, as-needed Relief Residential Counselors. This is an excellent introduction to case management and crisis counseling in the mental health/social services field. Ideal candidates will be reliable, organized, and compassionate with strong communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Support residents through the daily house schedule
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy living environment
- Provide case management, such as case notes
- Answer crisis hotline calls
- Conduct intakes and discharges
- We are open 24/7, so open shifts can include weekday/weekend mornings, afternoons, and evenings, plus overnights (11pm-9am). You sign up for the shifts you’re available for.
- REQUIRED: Must have a bachelor’s degree (preferably in psychology, social work, human services, or a related field)
- REQUIRED: Must be willing to undergo a background investigation prior to employment and become certified in CPR/First Aid and Medication Administration
- PREFERRED: Ability to speak Spanish
- PREFERRED: Prior experience in the mental health field, especially with teens
Second Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate based on age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, or any other non-merit factor. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
Send resume and (optional) cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org