Second Story is an EOE
Community Based Programs
Program Associate– Job Description
- Working with considerable independence, assesses client needs, researches available options, presents options/information to clients.
- Assists with the preparation of program reports; maintains program records.
- Represents the program at meetings and committees when needed
- Delivers program services through coordination and/or supervision of volunteer and/or paraprofessional staff.
- Assist in the developing and dissemination of program publicity and outreach materials in order to increase public awareness and use of programs.
- Assists in the presentation of information about programs and services to the general public, community groups, etc .
- Provides information and referrals to clients.
- Links clients with human service, recreational, and educational activities without duplicating services.
- Assures coordination of services among existing providers through collaborating with other nonprofit, faith based, school and governmental agencies.
- Facilitates and/or coordinates workshops and activities.
- Assist in the developing of programs that focus on empowering the community.
- Attends weekly supervision.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Assists with volunteer training and supervision.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the facility.
Supervised By – Program Coordinator
Time Required — 20 hours per week
- College education in social work or related field preferred
- Ability to work with youth and volunteers
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus and culturally sensitive
- Experience in community organization, education and or intervention preferred; knowledge of community resources preferred.
- CPR and First Aid Certification and Crisis Prevention training
- Background investigation required prior to employment Valid Driver’s License and evidence of insurability for obtaining auto insurance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to challenge and motivate others, strong organizational skills, and skilled in one-on-one interactions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must have transportation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Nandred Navarro at email@example.com if interested.