Data Manager responsibilities include using existing tools and algorithms to solve data-related problems, developing custom database queries for management and staff, implementing new metrics from existing data, striving to improve data quality, and contributing to correct acquisition of new data. Data analysis tasks include performing data collection, manipulation and analysis using standard formulas and methods, and acting as gatekeeper of the organization’s data. Database administrator tasks include database management, software updates, and database amendments and manipulation to support key activities. Primary technologies include Salesforce Development and HR modules, Microsoft Excel, online donations interfaces, and scanning software. EOE
Data Manager reports to Vice President of Operations.
Data Management (40%):
- Collect, organize and analyze data from various systems.
- Standardize data naming, data definitions and modeling.
- Perform data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
- Identify and document data migration paths and processes.
- Develop and perform standard queries to ensure data quality, identifying data inconsistencies and/or missing data, and resolve as needed.
- Coordinate, maintain and troubleshoot activity related to the database, including daily data entry, gift tracking, special events activity, campaigns and funds – including ongoing quality control of database information.
- Design and prepare reports and dashboards for management.
- Develop protocols for data processing.
- Develop, monitor and enforce data entry guidelines to ensure data quality and consistency.
- Train colleagues on how to input and extract data.
- Assist with software solutions as needed to support reporting of volunteer hours, provide data from Salesforce to support grant proposals and reporting requirements.
- Keep track of Volunteer hours, and prepare monthly and annual volunteer hours statistics.
- Record in-kind donations and provide reporting on same for grant requirements.
- Record and keep track of monetary donations, recurring donations, pledges, campaigns, events, outreach and other Development records.
- Keep track of online (QGIV and Give Direct) and EFT donations sources. Update Second Story information with the EFT accounts. Assist in resolving declined transfers issues.
- Prepare and send donation acknowledgement letters.
- Prepare pledge reminder letters and invoices.
- Prepare holiday appeal segmentation mailing lists and mail merge file templates for direct mail.
- Assist in depositing checks if Director of Resource Management is absent.
- Design and prepare reports and dashboards for Development.
- Assist with the implementation and use of Salesforce third-party applications as needed.
- Perform monthly financial reconciliation between Salesforce and QuickBooks.
- Work with accounting staff to ensure consistency between the donor and accounting systems.
Technology Support (10%):
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce (Donor Management/Volunteer Management and Human Resources Management system).
- Serve as primary system administrator for LastPass.
- Provide general technology support for office hardware and software systems, and escalate to second tier support as needed.
- Maintain direct knowledge of institutional policies and procedures and ensures assignments are carried out in accordance with these policies and procedures.
- Assist with weekly intake of mail, processing of mailed donations, online bank deposits.
- Maintain filing system. Scan invoices and bills, forward as appropriate, and archive online and file in the paper archives.
- Commitment to the Second Story mission
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Salesforce, MS Office 365 (particularly Excel)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
Must have a bachelor’s degree
Ideal candidate is a self-starter, well organized and a multitasker
Must be willing to undergo a background investigation prior to employment
Salary: 75k annually (firm)
Benefits include: Teleworking, health and dental, long-term disability and life insurance and
Paid time off
Send resume and cover letter to attention:
Melissa Skelton-Vice President of Operations @ email@example.com