The Communications Coordinator is part of Second Story’s Development Team, supporting its goal to engage the community with Second Story’s mission as well as raise the necessary funding to continue the organization’s life-changing work. With a focus on digital marketing and social media as well as overall communications coordination, the Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Communications Manager to communicate Second Story’s mission to the community.
- Social media management including content curation, analytics, and pursuing best practices and trends to advance Second Story’s efficacy
- Email marketing coordination including managing Second Story’s email marketing tool, analytics, and supporting the team to improve engagement through segmentation, research, and testing
- Digital strategy coordination and reporting including SEO, Google AdWords, and Google Analytics
- Inventory of marketing materials and coordinating updates with graphic designer
- Web content coordination
- Assist with other digital marketing campaigns and strategy as needed
- General communications administrative support including supporting other development staff on fundraising efforts
- Email marketing and web writing projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in communications, marketing, or a related degree preferred; OR comparable experience in a related field
- Social media management and short-form writing skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as collaborate with a team
- Graphic design skills, preferred
- Email marketing experience, preferred
- Analytics skills/experience, preferred
- Supervised by the Communications Manager
- Hourly; 20 hours/week
- Remote position based in the DC metro area – must have transportation and be able to travel to around the region when necessary.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and focusing ability to use a computer for long stretches of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use reasoning; walk; write; and talk on the phone or via video conference. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs and lift and move packages up to approximately 20 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.